With discord coming into use, the artistic manner of representations of messages has taken a great turn. People now design their posts, and messages, host interactive video call sessions, and have made the best use of the discord platform. Embed is one such feature that gives the discord user an additional option to present their ideas on discord in a more efficient way. It is a synonymical component of discord messages where the text messages and images are attached in a more structured way.
Can you embed it in discord?
You can embed it on discord. Discord allows its users to have access to such a special feature where people can ensign their own embed. They can attach images, with a beautiful border, additional images, animated GIFs, and other fancy properties. The integration of such fancy and attractive content has been made possible because of the flexible API and customization discord supports.
How to embed in discord?
The embeds can easily be used on Discord. It is an additional component of the message containing the Title, Description Embedded Image, and other design units.
To insert an embed in Discord follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch the discord application
- Sign in to your account
- Next, you have to do the package changes. For this
- Go to Packages
- Settings view
- Manage Packages
- Search for the discord-send-embed-code-to-webhook package
- Go to Settings
- On your configuration field, paste your webhook URL
- Customize your embed by changing your title, color, font, image, and other contents as per your need
After the successful implementation of changes and addition, send the newly created embed to whoever you want to on Discord
Discord also supports sharing of videos to any of your discord users. The sharing of video is possible either by embedding the video link or by sharing the available video if its size is within the range of share.
To share the original video through the discord:
- Open Discord
- Log in to your account with your credentials
- Select the server you want to send the video to or the chat of your partner
- Next to the message box below, you will find an image icon to its left
- Click on it
- Select the video from your gallery
- Click on the blue button to send
If you have a video of size for the accepted range, you can then compress the video and short its original size and send it to the required person or server in the same way.
You can send the video link too by embedding it on Discord. To do so:
- Create the video URL or select the link you want to share
- Directly share the link to desired server or chat and discord will auto-embed the link on the chat
The video can be directly played on the chat or can be downloaded to your systems.
Also Check:- How to Use Discord to Xbox [Complete Guide]?
Discord has no such in-built feature that supports embedding of links on the Discord. However, you can make use of Webhook, an effective feature on discord to automate messages, for embedding links.
Follow the below steps to know how can you embed hyperlinks on discord:
(Before moving any further, remember that you can only access webhook on the PC version of Discord and not on the mobile application)
- Open Discord or go to its official site
- Sign in with your credentials
- Head to the list of your servers
- Select the server where you want to embed your desired hyperlink
- Hover over the server selected and click on the Integration
- You are now in Webhook settings
On your Webhook settings:
- Create Webhook
- Name it
- Select the channel you have to use in
- Copy the Webhook URL simply by clicking on the “Copy Webhook URL”
- Head towards discord.club/dashboard
- Paste the URL in the Webhook URL section
- Open the Embed section
- Start creating the embed
- Enter the text for your URL in the parentheses and the URL outside to the next of the parentheses (i.e., [text]URL)
- Customize according to your need and once you are done click on Send Message
There are very few simple ways by which you can embed emojis on your chat. One is by accessing the emoji menu by clicking on the Grey Smiley icon on the left of your message box. You can also use the other method to upload the emoji on the server. The steps to do so are mentioned below:
- Click on the server where you want to upload the emoji
- Left-click on the drop-down menu
- Go to the server settings
- Click on the emojis in the left pane and click to upload
How do I mention a channel in discord embed?
With so many things to be done via the discord embed, you can also use it to mention the channel name. You have to make use of special syntax to mention a channel in discord embed. To mention the user channel, you can follow the steps below:
- You have to enter the user channel ID within the <@_______>
- Basically, you have to enter the username after “<@” and end your username by “>”
- If you have to enter a nickname, you have to also put an exclamation mark “!” beside the “@” option’
How to send embed messages in discord?
You can make use of the Webhook to simply embed your messages in discord. This is one of the simplest methods you can get on discord. To undergo this function:
- Open Discord
- Sign in to your account
- Go to the server list
- Select a server
- Click on the Server Settings to open the drop-down menu
- Click on Integrations to open the Webhook settings
- Create Webhook followed by entering the title and selecting the channel you want to receive your messages on
- Save the Webhook URL for future reference
- Follow the basic prompts to complete setting up your Webhook
Now you can use the Webhook to set up your automated messages.
How to tag a role in discord embed?
Programmers have put forward an effective way of declaring the role mentioned in the discord embed. With the help of Webhook, you will be able to tag a role in discord. For the role’s ID, you have to make use of the \@(The name of the role) and thereafter use <@&(RoleID)> to mention it.
What does embed mean in discord?
It is a special way of presenting data with unique properties and fancy elements attached. You can embed images, links, video URLs, emoticons, and other chat elements that you wish to customize into the embed. The components contained by the embed are Author, Description, Avatar, Header & Footer, Thumbnail Images, Color, and other artistic customizations.
Can you embed photos on Discord?
Yes, you can embed photos on Discord. There are easy steps by which you can easily be able to embed images on Discord. You can make use of the Webhook and just like you embedded the URL link of the youtube video, you can also link your photo. To embed an image you can easily create an URL link to the photo and with the help of the Webhook feature, you can upload it to the server of your choice.